Well, I have never...!

It’s funny how, for a movie junkie, I have never come up with a Top 10 list. Lists are never a simple thing… you can’t simply bash things together all higgly-piggly. That is why I’ve had several previous lists for different occasions. But there are SO many movies that I love it’s SO bloody hard! ARGH! What do I do??


Therefore, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the movies I have never watched, which are (in no order whatsoever)…Please don’t scream too loudly. You know who you are:

  1. Schindler’s List. It won a shitload of accolades, shed light on a little known figure, launched Ralph Fiennes and presented Spielberg his very first Oscar but for some weird reason, I never managed to watch it
  2. The Shawshank Redemption. If you thought the first one was bad, this one literally made my office mates and anyone within earshot gasp and howl in shock (not the kind we want, really). YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED IT??? What is wrong with you????? 
  3. The Godfather Trilogy. Hey, since you guys are already howling, why howl even more? C’mon, you know you want to :p
  4. Anything by Hayao Miyazaki. I’ve loved your style for a long time and I’m sorry that you are retiring. As repentance, I should go out and get a box set soon. Anyone want to get me some for Christmas? Anyone? Yoooo hooooo…
  5. Oldboy / Sympathy for Mr Vengence. Park Chan-Wook, your movies were too violent to come to Singapore and I am a hopeless pirate…but one day
  6. The Exorcist / The Shining / The Ring. I am a big chicken! I opted to read both of the books instead and watched the trailer of the last one, completely forgetting that I had an overactive imagination. The result? Still bloody freaked out. KNN
  7. Scarface. It’s in one of the genres I love the best with one of the best movie triumvirates of Pacino, Stone and de Palma.  Aren’t you guys tired of all that howling already? No?
  8. Jaws. MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA 
  9. Gone with the Wind / CasablancaThere was war! Drama! Romance! And me, falling asleep and choosing to watch other films instead :p 
  10. Spaceballs. Gah! Don't gather the pitchforks!
Ok, I think it is time for a large Gin & Tonic or soothing chamomile tea for those of you who have screamed yourselves voiceless. Please don't get too overwrought... at least now, you know what to get me for Christmas ;)

posted under , , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ever prodded a sleeping dragon, only to have it whip up and bite you in the ass? Well, neither have I. But I advocate that you should try everything...once ;P

Followers

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Search This Blog